Sunday, April 3, 2011

So much you've missed....

Oh my goodness! Where do I start? I haven't posted in such a long time. Since my last baby shower, I had another shower on March 19, 2011. We had an outstanding turnout and my best friend Toni Benson hosted the shower. What a success, just as the first one my sister and mom hosted for me! It went great. The games were awesome and Charley was blessed with so many gifts. Daddy bought mommy the cutest dress ever for the shower and couldn't wait to feel stylish again.

So hmmmm, what else? I gained a total of 35 pounds while pregnant with Charley Olivia and her due date is April 23, 2011. Guess what? We have a baby! She's here.

WELCOME CHARLEY OLIVIA HICKS
ARRIVED ON MARCH 29, 2011
11:57 P.M.

I am so in love with our baby girl. I was in labor from 6:30 a.m. to 11:57 p.m. when she arrived. She was delivered vaginally. She is completely beautiful. Daddy took pics and video taped while I was pushing and Toni Benson (best friend) helped along side to keep me focus and push away to get this little bean out of me. I pushed with all my might and I couldn't wait to see my baby girl. During the pushing process, I had heartburn out of this world. Ugh! My visitors that entertained before Charley arrived were Yasmeen, Telia, Sara, Toni, Parker, and Robyn. I had the best nurses ever and my midwife was the awesome. I couldn't have chose a better option of someone to help me deliver my child. Barbara Snuggs was amazing and she was so patient and kind-hearted throughout the entire pregnancy...I love her because she helped deliver our baby girl.

The next day approached and we were greeted by flowers from daddy. Mommy also had visitors the next day because grandma and grandpa and cousin Janessa came to visit. Yasmeen who was there from the beginning also came to visit the next day and had lots of gifts for baby Charley. Soya came and brought lots of gifts too and her first Easter bunny. So cute. Robin and Dana also came to say Hello to Charley.

The first night she slept so well. The next day was awesome as well. We then went home and she did such a great job. I was so proud that my baby girl was a great sleeper. So happy to have her home. However, the next day we had to go to the pediatrician. She had her first little check-up and it went well. She was assigned to go to the hospital and get lab work done on her jaundice. Daddy and mommy went to get the jaundice lab work and found out that Charley had to be admitted. I cried my heart out. I didn't want Charley to go through all of this...she was being stuck every second with needles. Tore my heart apart. We are now at Scottish Rite where she is sleeping under a bili-lite and blanket. She gets her foot pricked every 12 hours. I hate to see my baby girl so upset. Toni, Cody and Andrew came to visit. I love my bestie. She came and changed Charley, fed her and held her for a bit while keeping me company and taking pics. We actually had a great time in the hospital. So we are sitting here waiting for her results to be where the doctor would like them so we can go home really soon. Mommy is super tired and I have a ton of school work to do. Exhausted and overwhelmed. I wish there was an easier way but I love every moment I spend with my baby girl. She is my heart, my soul, my everything and that will never change. I love her more than life itself. She is absolutely gorgeous with a head full of hair. She is my miracle baby and will always be loved so much. Grandma and Grandpa are the happiest ever. They want a picture every day. Auntie Lanka is so excited to see you next week as well. She took a special vacation time off of work so she can be with us.
Mommy and daddy love you so much Charley.

No comments:

Post a Comment